Life Group Questions
Read John 21:1-15
Peter and friends went back to what they knew - fishing - even after Jesus had appeared to them, called them to something different, and breathed His Spirit on them. He then encounters them at the lake and calls them again.
- What new things did you try or need to do during lockdown or the various COVID-19 levels that really worked for you - practically and spiritually?
- Have you kept any of those practices or habits going when things returned more to normal? Why or why not?
- What personal challenges or issues did the limitations we experienced in 2020 raise for you? Have you continued to do something about it?
- What area in your life do you need the Holy Spirit more involved in the year coming up?
- Where do you see an opportunity to make a small change that will enable you to be more available for what God wants to do with you?
Jesus asked Peter, "do you love me more than these?" - presumably meaning the fish (and probably the identity and security of income that came from being a fisherman).
- If Jesus was asking you what his near competition is for your love, what would it be? How are you managing that competition?